Saturday, December 31, 2011

European holiday.

Way back in October, I took a trip to Europe. I spent the first week visiting London, Paris, Geneva & Milan for work (rough life, I know). That portion of the trip was pretty jam packed, so I didn't get to take many pictures. Luckily I was able to tag an extra week on to the end of the trip as vacation, and met up with my boyfriend in Bologna. We spent the second week driving through Italy visiting his relatives and sight seeing. It was pretty much the best trip ever.


Our first stop was Venice. We didn't stay long, but it's one of those places that you kinda have to see if you're in the area. It was beautiful and not very busy, which was a treat.



We drove through some scenic little mountain towns in northern Italy & Austria. Of course we had to stop for schnitzel and beer and chocolate along the way.



Our trip ended in Collelongo, a tiny town nestled on a mountainside in central Italy. The people were extremely hospitable and friendly.  I felt right a home, even though my Italian is virtually non-existent! 



We stayed in an old tower in the middle of town. I was kind of hoping it would be haunted...but it wasn't. It was pretty magical though.



There are way more pictures on my flickr if you care to take a peek. Click here to link.